THE Department of Social Welfare and Development (DWSD) in Davao Region has delisted 13,961 beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) in 2017 after failing to meet its conditions.
DSWD-Davao public information officer Carmela Duron said that there were still families who had been found to have regular income, some provided false information, and there are those who pawned their cash cards and other observable behaviors.
“There are those who failed to attend activities in line with the program, such as the family development sessions and health services, and there are those who transferred to another place and cannot be located anymore,” Duron said.
Of the 13,961 delisted beneficiaries, 231 were for Grievance Redress System (GRS) ineligibility, 11,693 for no eligible for the Compliance Verification System, 352 had regular income, 356 for other concerns, 147 for fraud and 1,182 for waived.
As of the year 2017, the region has 231,864 Pantawid household provided with cash grants under regular Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) and 29,065 under modified CCT.
The 4Ps is a human development program that provides conditional cash support to families with children not more than 18 years old and who comply with specific conditions of sending children to school, keeping them healthy, and parents attending the monthly Family Development Session.
Published in the SunStar Davao newspaper on January 31, 2018.
Latest issues of SunStar Davao also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.